Friday, June 24, 2011

The Coconut Tree


I was standing on the roof, was almost at half the hieght of the coconut tree...which stood in our garden for about 10 years...after three hours of silence I wanted to talk with someone, suddenly I did talk with it, I said..
"namaste"
it said " I badly need a hug"I went down, hugged it, came back... and asked if it was happy, it replied in positive...
I noticed it was leaning to left, and in my exitement(of being able to find someone to talk) I asked a stupid question..."dont you feel tired?"It said "I am the way I was made. I wouldnt be shocked thinking your fingers bend and they are broken each time" and laughed...I felt good...
I asked "how different are you from me?"
It said "not much, we both are souls and we both are as strong as any other is...but I learn and understand the soul of the world that is I take birth in the womb of mother earth, feed on the water, grow with the light of the fireball(sun) and breathe the air...but you, humans have learnt to use the soul of the world, but not understand and live with it in harmony, for you are the part of it..."
It was becoming dark and I asked one last question afraid that I may not be able to communicate again...
"how can I control my anger?"
It said "I only know of happiness, and I cannot say how to control anger when I dont know what actually anger is...But I have seen the soul of the world, the blazing sun, the heavy winds, the tremors of earth, and the havoc by the tides of water... they all do experience anger, but they also know to channelise it... and this is what you have to learn, not from me but from them..."
It was dark, I thanked it and said "namaste"wind blowed and a branch(or leaf or whatever) came down touching my hair gently and heard it saying...
"bless you"
-A.D

No comments:

Post a Comment